[c-nsp] List policy on Commercial E-Mail

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Fri Oct 29 14:13:14 EDT 2004

	Seems this is now trying to become an issue with two people
in the past week.

	This is going into the archives, which people should generally
attempt to search prior to posting a message, but just to make things clear,
THIS IS A TECHNICAL LIST, NOT ONE FOR EQUIPMENT SALES/UPGRADES/REFURBS, etc..

	I will set the moderated bit on any nonrepentant user that
posts such drivel to the list.  This list currently reaches about 2200
users, all of which are people interested in using Cisco devices in
a Network Service Provider environment.  If you're a sales person,
using the list or mining it for sales purposes is cause for
removal and a permanent ban.

	I don't want to censor anyone.. i've had people offer to
"buy" the list from me in the past, so they could control the
content.  This is not something that I want to become involved in,
and want to keep the list valuable to the technical members
on it.

	There are a lot of other lists for selling/trading cisco
devices and equipment.  Please use them.

	I've set reply-to to a nobody address, so please no follow-ups.

	I just wanted to make the policy clear.

	- Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net