[c-nsp] MPLS VPN RR Strategies

rwcrowe at comcast.net rwcrowe at comcast.net
Thu Sep 2 16:20:04 EDT 2004

I have a question on MPLS VPN Route Reflectors or most likely on the use of the "rr-group" command. Say you have 5 PE routers that have 2 seperate customers MPLS VPNS configured. These 5 PE routers are peering with a route reflector and you want them to only recieve routes for route target 100:1 (Customer 1) and 100:2 (Customer 2). You would configure the rr-group with an extended community list matching 100:1 and 100:2. So far so good.
But say you get 2 new customers that want VPNS and you want to use the same route reflectors for them to peer with. How would you say neighbor 1 and 2 are associated with rr-group 1 which has a community list that only sends the routes they have VPNS for, and neighbors 2 and 3 are associated with rr group 2 which has a extended community list that only sends them the routes for their VPNS ?

rwcrowe at comcast.net