[c-nsp] WCCP & Squid

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.sz
Thu Sep 9 04:00:17 EDT 2004

Hi all.

I am testing a WCCP implementation on a Cisco router with Squid-2.5.STABLE-5.
I am able to get the router to send and receive WCCP messages to the Squid
process, which successfully establishes the WCCP connection on the right
interface.

When I enable WCCP on the outgoing interface to Squid nothing happens. The
HTTP requests don't seem to get to Squid. I explicitly then wrote an ACL to
permit the relevant networks redirection and applied it to my WCCP router
process. My permit statement in the ACL appears to get successful matches for
the netblock, but nothing still gets to Squid.

When I try using route-maps to redirect all HTTP traffic from the router to
Squid, it works fine, and Squid is able to respond to users' web requests.
But when I switch back to WCCP, no action.

I've troubleshot the Squid WCCP implementation, along with the popular
ip_wccp.c module, and I'm now sure something's not working between the
router(s) and the cache.

Any tips will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Mark.