[c-nsp] WCCP & Squid

Stavros Patiniotis stavros at staff.esc.net.au
Thu Sep 9 06:16:55 EDT 2004

> I am testing a WCCP implementation on a Cisco router with
> Squid-2.5.STABLE-5.
> I am able to get the router to send and receive WCCP messages
> to the Squid
> process, which successfully establishes the WCCP connection
> on the right
> interface.
>
> When I try using route-maps to redirect all HTTP traffic from
> the router to
> Squid, it works fine, and Squid is able to respond to users'
> web requests.
> But when I switch back to WCCP, no action.

Many operating systems require patches or special configuration to use squid
with wccp.

I think that you should look at the squid FAQ :
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-17.html

Also I would bet that the problem is not with your router, so you would more
than likely get better suggestions from the squid mailing list.

Hope that this gives you some direction.

Cheers,

Stavros Patiniotis
EscapeNet ~ 08 8292 5200