[c-nsp] OSPF NSSA Question

Annu Roopa annu_roopa at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 11 11:56:44 EDT 2004

Dan,

Wont having those subnets as a part of the OSPF process to advertise the networks and
 then have passive-interface solve the issue. By doing this we would have the interface
subnet advertised and at the same time prevent the OSPF neighbor relationship.

Let us know what u find.

Annu.

Dan Armstrong <dan at beanfield.com> wrote:
I have a question, that may seem rather silly.... but it is driving me nuts.

I have an NSSA area with a few access routers in it. They are connected via
Ethernet to 2 distribution layer routers. The dist routers are advertising
in a default route, and life is good.

I would like to conserve IP addresses, and I was hoping to put the interfaces
on the access routers, and the corresponsing interfaces on the distribution
layer routers all in the same subnet - rather than make a whackload
of /30nets everywhere.

My problem is that when I do that, the two distribution layer routers form an
adjacency with each other over the link%$#@#!!

I realize that is "normal" behaviour... but it is not deseriable..

Can I:

-Explicitly force the two dist routers somehow not to form the adjacency?
-Do I just go head and make my whackload of /30nets, and chew up IPs?

It seems to me that this much have come up before....

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Dan.