[c-nsp] GRE Tunnels and vrfs

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Mon Sep 13 13:00:58 EDT 2004

Sorry..a bit late to the party on this one.

Two things:

If it's GRE then use GRE keepalives so both
ends know when to go down if there is
a failure in the path.

Second, there have been some bugs where the
TTL didn't get decremented correctly with GRE.

CSCdv04959
Externally found minor defect: More (M)
TTL is not decreased while switching packets coming from GRE tunnel

for one.

You can use the static route to blackhole the traffic
also like you said.

Rodney