[c-nsp] the right image for voip termination

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Wed Sep 15 11:37:50 EDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 08:08:27AM -0700, Voll, Scott wrote:
> Do you have a bug ID.?  I'm finding the same thing on my 2600 with
> 12.3.6 and cisco just RMA'd my router.  Did they RMA for no reason?

	I had two bugs linked to my case:

	CSCin63842  CSCee20880

	Both were related to having a PRI line..

	I can't say if they did a RMA for no reason in your case, it
really depends on the nature of the stack trace the CE saw.

	I have seen cases recently where the CEs don't attempt to
duplicate anything anymore, and rely more and more on written documentation
that is/may be incorrect..  I guess you'll know when you get your
replacement :)

	but I will say: if you saw an ALIGN error, that points to a
software defect 99.9% of the time.  Replacing the hardware is
highly unlikely to solve the problem in that case..  same goes for
BADSHARE and the ALIGN-FATAL errors.  But you should know that when the
hardware is having trouble, obviously the software can become
unpredictable in it's execution..

	- jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net