[c-nsp] cef load-sharing per-packet bizzare behavior

Andy Dills andy at xecu.net
Wed Sep 15 15:52:24 EDT 2004

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Rodney Dunn wrote:

> Oh..and one thing I did just remember during lab testing.
>
> Make sure if these are T1's you either do:
> fair-queue
> or
> no fair-queue
>
> so it's no doing RSP based WFQ and the packets are
> dCEF switched.

Wow, you are the cisco master :)

Why is it that doing this pushes the WFQ to the VIP instead of the RSP?

Since WFQ is the default queueing on T1s, you have to wonder why that's,
by default, handled on the RSP. I'll go enable this on all the T1
interfaces.

Thanks, the show interface <int> stat is helpful for determining whether
or not packets are being dCEFed or not.

Thanks again!
Andy

---