[c-nsp] cef load-sharing per-packet bizzare behavior

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Wed Sep 15 16:39:47 EDT 2004

Yes....fifo is always distributed once dCEF is enabled.
That's why I say make them all FIFO unless you know
you need some fancy queueing of some sort and that way
you don't have to worry about it.

99% of the time the customers don't even notice a difference
with WFQ off vs. fifo but I have seen a couple instances
where it is noticeable with low speed links.

Anything above 2Mbps is FIFO by default anyway so you
are good to go on those.  It's the 2 Mbps or less
that bites.

Rodney