[c-nsp] OT: Telnet lock-out vulnerability

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Sep 20 13:04:12 EDT 2004

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 09:07:50AM -0700, anaconda a wrote:
> my Question is there a relationship between
>
> BW parameter on the interface and TXLOAD and RXLOAD ?

As far as I understand, the "load" value (0..255) is calculated based
on the BW parameter - so if the router assumes a line has 1 Mbit, and
you shove 1 Mbit through it, it will display "load 255".  If you tell
the router "this is a 2 Mbit line", it will only display "load 128",
based on the same bits going through it.

> BW parameter and queuing ?

There shouldn't be any, especially not for FIFO.

It *might* affect WFQ, but I don't know anything specifically here.

gert
--
Gert Doering
Mobile communications ... right now writing from * back at home *