[c-nsp] new Cisco routers 1800/2800/3800

Koen Peetermans K.Peetermans at chello.be
Thu Sep 30 03:55:42 EDT 2004

Just checked the Miercom report for the 3845. Looks like for this router it
was 1.1 Gbit / Seconds. The 550 Mbit figures must have been for the 2851.

First of all, I'm not sure if the Miercom test is any kind of real-world
performance test.

And since the Miercom test has been done with NAT, CBAC and logging,
comparing these test results with router Forwarding (switching) from other
platform would be comparing apples and oranges.

So we'll have to wait for numbers comparing the real routing forwarding
speed between platforms to make a reasonable evaluation.

Kind regards,

Koen.