[c-nsp] new Cisco routers 1800/2800/3800

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Sep 30 11:30:35 EDT 2004

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 09:51:02PM -0500, Church, Chuck wrote:
> I imagine that NPE-G2 coming out soon ought to be a beast!

If rumors are true, the NPE-G1 has a second CPU on the board that's just
not yet used.  What I'd really like to see is a software upgrade enabling
that CPU, and bumping up the processing performance quite some...

It might not be overly helpful for "raw packet forwarding", but things
like L2TP termination might benefit from a second CPU sharing the
work...

gert
--
Gert Doering
Mobile communications ... right now writing from * Anissaras, Kreta *