[c-nsp] Cisco 3640 Maximum performance

Atanas Ivanovski ativanovski at mt.net.mk
Thu Sep 30 06:07:13 EDT 2004

Hello,

I will appreciate any information on the Cisco 3640 maximum performance,
maximum traffic load it can handle without any problems. According to Cisco
documentations it should be around 50-70 kpps which, according to me, it
should be approximately between 70Mbps~90Mbps. The problem is that I have
never loaded it with more than 10Mbps. Currently I'm in the phase when I
need to put 34Mbps on it. This is the reason way I would like to here some
practical experience from you. Of course the router is accepted to stay 100%
reliable. The router has the following parameters:

cisco 3640 (R4700) processor (revision 0x00) with 92160K/6144K bytes of
memory.

Processor board ID 28509225

R4700 CPU at 100Mhz, Implementation 33, Rev 1.0

Bridging software.

X.25 software, Version 3.0.0.

SuperLAT software (copyright 1990 by Meridian Technology Corp).

2 Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)

2 FastEthernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)

4 Serial network interface(s)

DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity disabled.

16384K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

The router has CEF enabled on it and it should route the traffic between two
FastEthernet ports. If you need any info about the IOS it is
c3640-is-mz.122-26.

Thanks,

Atanas