Routing performance database (Re: [c-nsp] 10 Mb internet traffic on a 3640?)

Wojtek Zlobicki wojtek.zlobicki at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 07:48:02 EDT 2004

The problem with such testing is that it is subjective.  Unless there
is a proper test case and conditions are identical, its not fair to
the vendors to claim that product X can only sustain Y megabits of
throughput.  I dont want someone with a low end server telling me that
my 6509 with a sup720 cannot sustain more than 100 Megabits of traffic
on a GigE interface.