[c-nsp] pix 501 license problem

Adam KOSA adamk at sch.bme.hu
Fri Apr 1 06:04:24 EST 2005

Hi all

i've been reported a problem which i cannot deal with.  A pix 501 was
unplugged from the wall for over 2 months, and i wad told that the pix was
operating with license 50, but now only shows:
Licensed Features:
Failover:       Disabled
VPN-DES:        Enabled
VPN-3DES:       Enabled
Maximum Interfaces:     2
Cut-through Proxy:      Enabled
Guards:         Enabled
Websense:       Enabled
Inside Hosts:   10
Throughput:     Limited
ISAKMP peers:   5

I've never heard that a license would downgrade itself.  Am i able to tell
the license features from the serial & activation key?  Or maybe the pix
was working with a non-legal license?  I've got no experience with
licenses, and therefore i can't tell if the pix did, or did not have a 50
license.  Maybe from the customer's invoice?

thanks
Adam