[c-nsp] SNMP status maps

Fredrik.Jacobsson at enskilda.se Fredrik.Jacobsson at enskilda.se
Fri Apr 1 06:33:51 EST 2005

Hi!

I'm looking for a tool that can make maps with
gree/red/yellow sympols for switches and routers.

Using Tivoli Netview today, but am about to throw it out
since we dont need all the features and that it costs alot.

I whish one could use the CW Campus Manager for that
but I really want to place routers/switches in groups
(per site) and have the group symbol show status.

Are there any freeware tools that can make maps and
do SNMP polling/trap recieving? I dont need to forward alarms
or to do any alarm management at all. Only want symbols turning
red/yellow to quickly see where the problem are. Also
for the support-guys as they dont have access to CW.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Regards
/Fredrik Jacobsson

Confidentiality Notice

The content of this message, including attachments, is intended for the confidential use of the individual(s) or entity(-ies) to whom it is addressed only and may contain personal and/or confidential information. Please notify the sender immediately by returning this message if you are not the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that reading, duplicating, or in any way disseminating its content to any other person, is strictly prohibited.

If the content of this message, including attachments, includes an offer to provide any service or product, an offer or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any securities or any other investment product, please refer to the disclaimer on www.enskilda.se, which applies also to the content of this message. Any such transaction will also be subject to any other Terms of Business currently in place between us.

If you are a client of Enskilda Securities with access to Enskilda Research Online and this message contains a research report or the content of this message, including attachments, may be regarded as an advice in relation to companies or securities, please refer to the general and company specific disclaimers, respectively, on Enskilda Research Online.