[c-nsp] Central Authentication (Tacacs+ / Radius)

Network.Security Network.Security at target.com
Wed Apr 6 00:18:13 EDT 2005

I think there used to be a Cisco TFTP server you could download for free
from CCO, but to Jeff's point, ACS is very much a paid for product.  You
pick your flavor (Wintel / UNIX) and pay your local reseller for it.
CDW has it available if you don't have a reseller handy.

See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2086/index.html for
the Wintel version, v3.3 is the latest.

In addressing some other comments about security of the product, etc.
They are very much on track.  ACS is a proprietary DB, tho simple to use
product.  If you are trying to use ACS to solve your PCI / CISP / SOX
issues, it's not that.  If you want an open DB to connect and run all
kinds of cool reports off of, it's not that either.  It is easy to use
and that may be worth it, all depends on what you want to do and what
your business drivers are for doing it...

- Scott
Scott.altman at target.com