[c-nsp] 7206 crash in iomem2

Steven Bertsch sbertsch at iaxs.net
Wed Apr 6 11:00:25 EDT 2005

At 12:06 AM 4/6/2005, Vinny Abello wrote:
>In researching a crash on a 7206VXR I have the following information:
>
>...which shows the address 0xE2B02E1 (or 0x0E2B02E1) is in the range
>for iomem2 and appears to be a hardware problem. My question is, what
>hardware is this memory contained in? Is this the I/O controller of
>the router? Would the recommended action be to replace the I/O
>controller? We've had reboots on this router before, but not in quite
>some time. The previous ones seemed to be software bugs according to
>TAC which went away up until now with IOS 12.2.27 mainline (what the
>router is presently running when this crash occurred).

Iomem is usually carved out of main memory which is
located on the NPE/NSE, although the NPE-300 has
a separate 32MB stick set aside for this IIRC.

The only user-serviceable memory on the I/O controller would
be the flash (and bootflash depending upon the I/O controller).

Regards,
Steven Bertsch, System Administrator    Infinity AccessNET
sbertsch at iaxs.net                       Voice 952/944-7123 x161
http://www.iaxs.net/                    Fax   952/944-0115