[c-nsp] Cisco VIP2-50+PA-2FE-TX second ethernet port bug

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Fri Apr 8 10:10:15 EDT 2005

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005, Rodney Dunn wrote:

> > > There was something similar for one of the channelized PA's
> > > when you created the channel-group it would recarve MEMD but
> > > we changed that.
> >
> > I thought I remembered it happening when turning up the second interface
> > on PA-2T3 cards.  It's been a while since I've had to deal with turning up
> > DS3s on a 7500 though.
>
> I've never seen that.

Actually, it could be because the default DS3 MTU is 4470, but we run all
ours at 1500 (and a slightly higher tag-switching mtu), so when turning up
a new DS3, we'd also likely have changed the MTU.  It would have been
better for MEMD if we'd made sure all interfaces were set to 1500 whether
they were enabled or not.  I think we do that now.