[c-nsp] 12.0S IPv6 support

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Apr 12 03:31:42 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 12:48:50AM +0200, Niels Bakker wrote:
> A few AMS-IX members lost their IPv6 capability in the past few months
> because they were unwilling to be forced by their vendor of choice into
> investing in a dedicated port at additional expense (hardware, cabling
> and IXP port cost).

This is sad news.  I don't fully understand the issue, though - does
"IPv6 over a port-channel" break things?  Or "port-channels in general"?

What is the combination that breaks, and why does "removing IPv6" help
(given the fact that there is no other IOS train for GSR anyway, besides
12.0S, and that *has* IPv6)?

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de