[c-nsp] ifindex persistence

Paul Lustgraaf grpjl at iastate.edu
Tue Apr 12 17:20:32 EDT 2005

> on the network management side of things - has anyone employed the use of
> snmp-server ifindex persistence? success/horror stories?

I was told by one Cisco support person that it can sometimes be
problematic when used during an IOS upgrade.  I have some weird
counter problem that might be due to that.  Other than that it has
been very useful.  Your mileage may vary.

Paul Lustgraaf                   "Change is inevitable.  Progress is not."
Manager of Network Services
Iowa State University Academic Information Technologies  grpjl at iastate.edu
Ames, IA  50011                                               515-294-0324