[c-nsp] ISDN Callback problem

Sascha E. Pollok nsp-list at pollok.net
Thu Apr 14 07:36:15 EDT 2005

Folks,

I am currently debugging an ISDN callback-problem. We are calling
a customer's router which is supposed to reject the call on the
ISDN layer (q931) and then callback so that the $$$'s end up on
the customer's invoice.

Everytime I test this, it is working fine. I turn on debugging for
the dialer, I see the callback. It is not picking up the line.

But: last week I had to explain LOTS(!) of dialout-connections on
one of our phone bills and had some trouble finding a good reason
for this. For whatever reason the router seems to be picking up
the line sometimes leaving it open for 30-50 seconds.

Unfortunately there is no syslog server on the customer's side in order
to turn on some debugging switches and everytime i use logging buffered
it's not happening or it's overwritten ...

Below is the configuration of the customer's router. They have two
lines connected. The number we dial out to the router is the one
connected to one of the BRIs.

Anyone?

This is 12.3(1a) on a 1751.

interface BRI0/0