[c-nsp] Re: OIR and the 7513

Matthew Crocker matthew at crocker.com
Thu Apr 14 17:40:47 EDT 2005

> What I do is:
>
> - hook up the console
> - pull the VIP, do what I need to it
> - wait until the console comes back from the VIP removal (hit return,
>   make sure it is routing, wait 30-60 seconds)
> - re-insert the VIP
>
> This usually works for one VIP.  If I'm going to do a second VIP, I'll
> wait 2-5 minutes after re-inserting the first VIP before removing the
> second VIP (then I only have a 50% chance of crashing the router).

That makes sense,  if I remember correctly OIR generates a CyBUS
event/reset.  If there is two events in a given period of time the
router barfs and reloads.

Also, make sure you have 'service single-slot-reload-enable' in the
config without it an OIR will bounce the router

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1829/
products_feature_guide09186a0080086f7b.html