[c-nsp] Re: OIR and the 7513

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Apr 14 15:31:17 EDT 2005

Once upon a time, John Neiberger <John.Neiberger at efirstbank.com> said:
> Have any of you had any bad luck with OIR on a 7513? Should I not take
> any chances and do this during a maintenance window like I normally
> would?

What I do is:

- hook up the console
- pull the VIP, do what I need to it
- wait until the console comes back from the VIP removal (hit return,
  make sure it is routing, wait 30-60 seconds)
- re-insert the VIP

This usually works for one VIP.  If I'm going to do a second VIP, I'll
wait 2-5 minutes after re-inserting the first VIP before removing the
second VIP (then I only have a 50% chance of crashing the router).
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>