[c-nsp] MPLS management

Neil J. McRae neil at colt.net
Fri Apr 15 09:54:03 EDT 2005

> Another product which competes with that is MicroMuse. I'll
> offer no opinion on which is good just yet, as we're about to
> evaluate both.
>
> (of course, if anyone knows anything about the difference
> between the two, your opinion would be welcome)

Micromuse is a great front end but to be honest that's about it, they
have made great progress on the engine in recent years but they have
still along way to go.

Smarts has a fantastic model for discovery and root cause analysis
that would take eons to build with either Netcool or other
rules/langauge based platform. My only gripe about Smarts is that
they don't cover the transmission parts of our network :-)

Neil.