[c-nsp] Speaking of OIR... what about 6500s?

Greg Schwimer gschwimer at godaddy.com
Fri Apr 15 12:15:08 EDT 2005

It's pretty good in most cases, so long as you don't insert/remove the
module too slowly.  I've seen it happen where you begin to unseat the
module and it gets stuck on some adjacent cabling, forcing you to pause
during the removal process.  This caused a bus stall event, which
basically caused the switch to stop forwarding all traffic for 3
seconds.  This caused spanning tree to go nuts for a few seconds, and
spiked the processor of the adjacent switches.  Not fun.

Believe it or not, powering the module down prior to this activity did
not prevent the stall from occurring.