[c-nsp] 6509/Sup720/Hybrid/Native Question

Antoine Versini vox at t-online.fr
Tue Apr 19 04:57:07 EDT 2005

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 lists at hojmark.org wrote:

> > Btw. can you recommend a stable IOS Version for the MSFC3
> > with the above features (+ full BGP Table) ?
>
> 12.2(17d)SXB7 is pretty good. 12.2(18)SXD4 has some very nice
> features, which may make it worth while, but I hear it's dead
> now (won't be bugfixed any further). 12.2(18)SXE (and SXE1) is
> also out now but very new and with many new features.

Hi!

Are you sure that SXD won't be developped further more ? The new SXE
release is so stuffed with new features & supported hardware that I doubt
one can deploy that monster without fears. The image is 71MB big although
they removed SUP2 support: it can't even boot from SUP bootflash!

Cheers,
Antoine.

--
Antoine Versini                       «Licence to killall -9»
IP Networks Project Manager / T-Online France - Club-Internet