[c-nsp] 6509/Sup720/Hybrid/Native Question

lists at hojmark.org lists at hojmark.org
Mon Apr 18 18:07:37 EDT 2005

> Does that mean:
>
> 1) I cant use these features on this box running hybrid
> software ? Do i HAVE to run Native ?

Yes, given the features you mention, you have to run Native.
For other features (say, a decent 802.1x feature set), you have
to run Hybrid.

> Btw. can you recommend a stable IOS Version for the MSFC3
> with the above features (+ full BGP Table) ?

12.2(17d)SXB7 is pretty good. 12.2(18)SXD4 has some very nice
features, which may make it worth while, but I hear it's dead
now (won't be bugfixed any further). 12.2(18)SXE (and SXE1) is
also out now but very new and with many new features.

-A