[c-nsp] help needed for DSL configuration

Seydou Ba weuz at yahoo.fr
Tue Apr 19 12:59:30 EDT 2005

Hi
we have dsl testbed we would like to setup so that we
can send some IP traffic from one computer to another.
we have two DSL modems (westell wirespeed & alcatel
speed touch), an alcatel DSLAM(ASAM1000), a cisco
router 3640.
The config we want is shown below

                 DSL         ATM           Ethernet
CMPE1+DSL MODEM
----->DSLAM------>Cisco3640-------CMPE2

we want to establish IP connection between COMPE1 and
CMPE2.
In the DSLAM we have created cross connections
(VPI/VCI)(everything should be fine on DSLAM side)
The Network side vp/vc chosen is 6/32.
How to configure the 3640 (and modem?) to establish
this type of connection.
Can a PPP connection be terminated at the 3640?
Should we use bridged ethernet? (if so, how?)
Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.
thanks