[c-nsp] PVST Instances on 2970

David J. Hughes bambi at Hughes.com.au
Thu Apr 21 17:30:54 EDT 2005

I just jumped onto a random WS-C2970G-24T-E in our datacentre and found
14 live STP instances so the 4 instance limit isn't correct.  A closer
look at the link you provide appears to show that the document is for
2940's not 2970's.  A quick search of the page for '2970' doesn't get a
single hit.  All hits for "29*" show 2940.  In fact the first sentence
reads

"This chapter describes how to configure the Spanning Tree Protocol
(STP) on port-based VLANs on your Catalyst 2940 switch."

David