[c-nsp] Activating TurboACL in a Cisco Router 7513

Alexandra Alvarado aaaa at telconet.net
Sun Apr 24 12:20:34 EDT 2005

Hello,

I have a Cisco Router 7513 that has configured around 35 acls with an
average of 30 entries per acl.  This router has 2 DS3, 16 E1s, 2 Fast
Ethernet in a PortChannel, 1 Hssi.

I use the acls for:

*	To apply in an interface like this: "ip policy route-map UPSTREAM"
*	To apply in BGP Config.

The load of this router is heavy, during the day it reaches 99% of cpu
utilization.  That's why I want to activate TurboACL.  But I have some
questions:

*	Do I only need write this command: "access-list compiled" or I need
to do something else?
*	Do I have to change the format of my access list created before?

*         If I want to insert a new access-list, do I need to execute the
"access-list compiled" again or I need to execute any other command like:
"access-list acl_name compiled"?

*	With TurboACL, What is the CPU percentage saving?
*	If I want to remove TurboACL, is only necessary to do "no
access-list compiled" or I have to rewrite all my access-list again?

Thanks

Alexandra Alvarado