[c-nsp] Activating TurboACL in a Cisco Router 7513

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Sun Apr 24 22:21:44 EDT 2005

Alexandra Alvarado wrote:

> I have a Cisco Router 7513 that has configured around 35 acls with an
> average of 30 entries per acl.  This router has 2 DS3, 16 E1s, 2 Fast
> Ethernet in a PortChannel, 1 Hssi.
>
> I use the acls for:
>
> *	To apply in an interface like this: "ip policy route-map UPSTREAM"
> *	To apply in BGP Config.
>
> The load of this router is heavy, during the day it reaches 99% of cpu
> utilization.  That's why I want to activate TurboACL.  But I have some
> questions:
> *	With TurboACL, What is the CPU percentage saving?

What IOS image?  What RSPs/IPs/VIPs/PAs are you using specifically?  If
any VIPs, are you seeing 99% CPU on the RSP, on the VIPs, or multiple
places?  What default CEF mode are you using?  What are the top tasks in
"sh proc c s | exc 0.0.%"?  What are you seeing for
interrupt/non-interrupt short-term CPU?

pt