[c-nsp] defualt bandwidth range for Gig E interface on 3750 .

Baldev Vaishnav vedlabs at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 25 06:28:09 EDT 2005

Yeah .

 I am aware of the fact that interface BW is used by some routing protocols to calculate the metrics . and also the interface BW can be configered manually .

But nothing was configured on it and anyways it should have said   1000000 kbit
 and not 10000 Kbit

Baldev

"Stephen J. Wilcox" <steve at telecomplete.co.uk> wrote:
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, Elmar K. Bins wrote:

> steve at telecomplete.co.uk (Stephen J. Wilcox) wrote:
>
> > That looks like a bug to me, from a 3548:
> >
> > GigabitEthernet0/2 is down, line protocol is down
> > Hardware is Gigabit Ethernet, address is 0001.96c1.c81a (bia 0001.96c1.c81a)
> > MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1000000 Kbit, DLY 10 usec,
> >
> > I cant imagine any reason for a Gig port saying anything other that 1000000 kbit
>
> I can.
>
> "bandwidth 1" does the trick:
>
> GigabitEthernet2/0/10 is administratively down, line protocol is down (disabled)
> Hardware is Gigabit Ethernet, address is 0011.5c53.128a (bia 0011.5c53.128a)
> MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1 Kbit, DLY 1000 usec,
>
> Never forget, the bandwidth marker is only that: A marker, used in some
> routing protocols. It has nothing to do with the line's capacity.

sure, but the original poster said this was a 'default' output, so i assume
there is no bandwidth configured and the bw should report the port speed..

Steve