[c-nsp] CEF monitoring

John Kristoff jtk at northwestern.edu
Tue Apr 26 09:44:19 EDT 2005

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:32:22 -0400
Rodney Dunn <rodunn at cisco.com> wrote:

> You can monitor the syslog output for a FIBDISABLE message.
> I seem to recall a CEF MIB is in the works.

A related question...

Perhaps I'm missing it, but is there an easy way to monitor the CEF
table for all entries for a specific multipath destination?  I know
I can do:

  show ip cef exact-route <src-address> <dst-address>

but what I'd really like is something like:

  show ip cef exact-route * <dst-address>

It would be useful to grab that data via snmp and maintain a history
like you can do with the ARP table.  I'm thinking this would be of
a great help for troubleshooting things like anycast DNS service.

John