[c-nsp] Cisco routers - comparing new 3845 vs 7206vxr

Tom tom at ispstuff.com
Wed Apr 27 12:39:21 EDT 2005

I am trying to sorce a router for a company that will start with two or
three Internet T1s running BGP and they have 2 more PtP T1s.  Also they
want some growing room.

I have been pricing out a new 3845 which seemed to fit the bill but it is
getting so close to a 7206vxr in price that I am considering steering them
in that direction.  And if they are interested in going used, the 7206vxr
is available for much less.

We use two of the 7206vxrs for our ISP and I am quite happy with them.

Comments?

Thanks,

Tom