[c-nsp] Cisco routers - comparing new 3845 vs 7206vxr

Brian Vowell brian at zipsend.net
Wed Apr 27 12:55:02 EDT 2005

We have a 2811 and a 2821 and BOTH of them crash frequently when BGP and
IPS or IP Inspection are activated.  The 28XX and 38XX only run the
latest 12.3T releases.

If you're looking for stability in the network, then choosing the 7206
is a no-brainer.  The 28XX and 38XX series aren't ready for primetime yet.

--b