[c-nsp] Router Options

John Neiberger John.Neiberger at efirstbank.com
Fri Apr 29 10:42:41 EDT 2005

>>> joshua sahala <jejs+lists at sahala.org> 4/29/05 6:00:13 AM >>>
>On (28/04/05 11:36), John Neiberger wrote:
>[cut]
>> I need to terminate two DS3s and an ATM T1 (DSL), and I'd need a
couple
>> of Fast Ethernet interfaces.
>[cut]
>> With those connections, would a 7204VXR still be the best choice or
>> should I take a look at some of Cisco's newer routers, like perhaps
the
>> 3800 series?
>
>for about the price of two 720xVXR boxen, you could get a m10i and
have a
>single chassis with dual routing engines...but like the 720xVXR,
~100Mbps
>traffic wouldn't really even be noticed by the router :)

We actually want to have two separate routers for the sake of
redundancy. We want two boxes that will both be active for their
respective applications, but they would be built such that if one box
failed it would be a simple thing to move those services to the other
box.

That's the idea anyway. :)  It remains to be seen if it's a good one or
not.

John