[c-nsp] FE experienceing errors and CRCs

James Sneeringer james+cisco at vincentsystems.com
Fri Apr 29 12:01:02 EDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 01:39:53PM +0200, Kim Onnel wrote:
> They are both Cisco, on the switch i have the command 'speed' but i
> couldnt find the command to set speed on the RPM-PR(7200)

If Fa1/1 is a PA-FE-TX card, it only does 100base and does not do duplex
autonegotiation.  There's no speed to change, and you must force it to
either half-duplex or full-duplex.  I think it defaults to half.

The error counts are pretty small compared to the overall packet counts
(1749 CRC errors versus 16243259 packets, 0.01% errors).  Are the error
counters steadily incrementing, or have they been stuck on their current
counts for awhile?

-James