[c-nsp] DiffServ and TE paths are really required to deploy commercial VoIP over a MPLS backbone ?

jimmi jimmi at netpoint.com.br
Mon Aug 1 18:03:08 EDT 2005

Dear members.

There's something I'd like to know from those that truly and successfully
implement commercial VoIP over a MPLS infrastructure.

Supporting IP QoS (DiffServ) across the core backbone and/or MPLS traffic-
engineered paths is really required ?
Consider a hole backbone built with high speed throughput connections, plenty
of bandwidth availability and no periods of congestion!

I do believe TE tunnels (paths) are necessary for quick recovery when a node
or link fails, but rather them assuming something I haven't experienced yet
I'd like to listen from those who really have already successfully deployed
commercial VoIP.

Best regards.

Jimmi.