[c-nsp] Redundent RSP4s w/ 12.3/12.4 - Where did SSO go?

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Mon Aug 1 22:08:51 EDT 2005

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005, Rodney Dunn wrote:

> Because there are some pretty large scalability issues
> in 12.2(25)S due to some infrastructure changes for
> CEF that went in there.

I missed part of this thread, but I gather that though SSO was in earlier
12.2S releases (12.2(18)S6 for instance), it got removed in or around
12.2(25)S and won't be back any time soon?...or may be back in a special
12.2S[A-Z]* release specific to the 7500?

We're still using these (with redundant RSPs) for MPLS VPN aggregation
(mostly FE subinterfaces in VRFs).