[c-nsp] Adtran MX-2800 to PA-MC-T3

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Tue Aug 2 11:37:13 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, David Barak wrote:

> > Hello,
> > 	We have a problem that we have exhausted all
> > available resources
> > on solving, and we are running into a dead end. We
> > have several T1
> > circuits, from various LECs provisioned into a
> > single MX-2800 MUX at our
> > location. We then tie that mux into a PA-MC-T3 card
> > on a 7507 in a
> > VIP-2-50 to terminate the circuits. The DS-3 cabling
> > is 25 feet in
> > length and we have (per Cisco reccomendations) a 6
> > db attenuator on the
> > PA-MC-T3 RX leg. We are running CBIT, w/ the MUX
> > providing timing.
> >
> > We continue to receive LCVs, C-Bit and P-Bit framing
> > errors, and the DS1
> > circuits will occasionally bounce.
> >
> > So far we have tried:
> >
> > 1. Replacing the cabling.
> > 2. Replacing the attenuators.
> > 3. Replacing the PA-MC-T3 card.
> > 4. Replacing the MX-2800 MUX.
> > 5. Replacing the VIP-2-50 card.
> > 6. Changing clocking directions.
>
> Are you sure you're supposed to be running c-bit
> between the MUX and PA-MC-T3?  When I've built these,
> I've always needed to use M13.

Yeah, that is what I've always thought. However, the PA-MC-T3 does not
seem to support M13.

core1.cleveland(config)#controller t3 1/0/0
core1.clev(config-controller)#framing ?
  auto-detect  Application Identification Channel Signal
  c-bit        C-Bit Parity Framing
  m23          M23 Framing Format

We are running the following PA-MC-T3 revision:

        PA Bay 0 Information:
                CT3 single wide PA, 1 port
                EEPROM format version 1
                HW rev 1.00, Board revision A0
                Serial number: 17814706  Part number: 73-3037-01

We had tried using "auto-detect" originally, but this was bad bad bad, so
on the advice of Adtran, we locked it to C-bit.

Am I missing something? Should M23 work w/ M13?

                             KP-216-121-ST