[c-nsp] Cisco NMs for DS3, equivalent to Adtran MX2800 mux-er?!?

robbie robbie at packetized.org
Tue Aug 2 19:24:27 EDT 2005

According to...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5855/products_data_sheet0900aecd8016a8e8.html

...it doesn't look like you can put a Channelized T3 network module in a
3845, or even get a channelized T3 in the NM- format. We do precisely
this at my office, in reverse - we're using a MX2800 to accept T1s
handed off to us in a POTS bay in a CO, to mux them up into a PA-MC-T3
interface on a 7206. You can easily get a clear-channel or ATM DS3
interface for the 3845, but not channelized.

You might have much better luck getting an older 7200, and picking up a
used PA-MC-T3+ or PA-MC-2T3+. Be mindful, I don't think you can
configure the base models (PA-MC-T3/PA-MC-2T3) as clear-channel, so if
this is a factor going forward, drop the change on the + models. Hope
this helps.

--
Cheers,
Robbie