[c-nsp] ip cef load-sharing algorithm tunnel

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at telecomplete.co.uk
Wed Aug 3 08:10:51 EDT 2005

Hi,
 what does 'ip cef load-sharing algorithm tunnel' do exactly?

I have a problem on a 7200 where I am terminating a large number of L2TP
tunnels, I want to have the bandwidth balanced over my ingress ports but using
default load-sharing we see imbalance on loading (some tunnels have more
sessions than others, some sessions are busier than others).

I've not enabled the above command as I cant find suitable documentation. Are
there any other tweaks to improve the balancing problem?

Steve