[c-nsp] BGP Configuration

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.sz
Wed Aug 3 09:14:52 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 03 August 2005 14:01, Mark Tohill wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Mark.

> When declaring a EBGP peer, can you have something
> like the following?

Yes, what you've mentioned below would work. Essentially,
what you are saying with the route-map is:

* In your AS_PATH, prepend all networks listed in ACL 30
  with your ASN 3 times. Possible you want those networks
  to attract less_to_no traffic over the Provider 1
  circuit.

With the prefix list, you are saying:

* Announce only these networks to Provider 1, regardless
  of which other networks my router knows about.

> Maybe the route map and prefix-list can be merged?

Not necessarily, unless the second route-map has a
specific action as in the first. You see, in the first,
your action is to prepend your ASN 3 times in your
AS_PATH.

With the prefix list, it appears your action is to filter
what you announce to Provider 1. For this reason, I
don't see the need for another route-map; unless there
is something else you are looking to accomplish.

Mark.