[c-nsp] rescue router for DS3 service

Mark Kent mark at noc.mainstreet.net
Wed Aug 3 13:21:39 EDT 2005

I've got some multichannel DS3 circuits and was wondering about using
Y-cables so I can terminate the circuits on a rescue-router.
Hardware involved is 7206vxr chassis and PA-MC-T3 and PA-MC-2T3+ ports.

Physically, can this be done?
Would the rescue-router have to be powered down,
or would just shutting the redundant ports be enough?

Or, are there special electronics needed to provide this kind of
redundancy on a platform that was not designed for this?  Maybe a
switch box with one DS3 input and two DS3 outputs with serial access
for commands?

Thanks,
-mark