[c-nsp] rescue router for DS3 service

Lupi, Guy Guy.Lupi at eurekanetworks.net
Wed Aug 3 13:53:53 EDT 2005

This looks like it does what you are referring to, I suppose you could just
leave the standby router up and running, while it sees no signal on the DS1s
it wouldn't announce the routes.  When the protection switch happens the
circuits would come up on the standby, down on the primary, the standby
would start announcing the routes and the primary would stop.  I have never
tried this but it is an interesting concept.

http://www.effeng.com/vtc/ds3/1-Gen%20Desc%20&%20Specs.pdf