[c-nsp] CCO Password resets

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Wed Aug 3 14:47:21 EDT 2005

Dave Temkin wrote:
> I figured out the trick on how to get it to send it to you.  The multiple
> accounts thing is bogus.  Apparently their US servers are innundated with
> the resets.
>
> I telnetted to their Sydney SMTP server on port 25 and did the SMTP
> dialogue by hand (after trying using my regular email client about 10
> times and getting rejected)
>
> Worked like a champ!

Have you ever heard the trick about lying to the pollsters when you come
out of an election?  Or of telling your friends that (choose your
favorite broadband access method) was terrible, so they wouldn't hog the
bandwidth you were enjoying?

Just kidding - this worked like an absolute champ.  Thanks for the tip Dave!

pt