[c-nsp] Trouble with a NM-2CT1-CSU module

james edwards hackerwacker at cybermesa.com
Wed Aug 3 19:07:45 EDT 2005

> If those numbers are increasing, then this circuit is getting clocking
> errors IMHO.

cmcs-NMS>sho controllers t1 1/0 brief
T1 1/0 is up.
  Applique type is Channelized T1
  Cablelength is long gain36 0db
  No alarms detected.
  alarm-trigger is not set
  Framing is ESF, FDL is ansi, Line Code is B8ZS, Clock Source is Internal.
  Data in current interval (392 seconds elapsed):
     0 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations
     0 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins
     0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail Secs
  Total Data (last 11 15 minute intervals):
     1326 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations,
     2 Slip Secs, 167 Fr Loss Secs, 4 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins,
     1 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 17 Severely Err Secs, 150 Unavail
Secs
cmcs-NMS>

Clock slips are not increasing; I suspect the recorded clock slips are do to
me futzing with the clocking
a bit today. I have tried internel on one side and line on the other, vice
versa also. I have set clocking
the line/network on both sides as a desperation move as I know no one is
providing external timing to this circuit.
the Tberd does not indicate any clocking on this line when I have both sides
disconnected from their routers.