[c-nsp] Cisco WS-X6748-GE-TX / Extreme interoperability problems?

Simon Lockhart simon.lockhart at bbc.co.uk
Fri Aug 5 14:55:20 EDT 2005

Hi,

Is anyone aware of any interoperability problems between a Cisco WS-X6748-GE-TX
and an Extreme BlackDiamond 6808?

The Extreme has the port hard coded to 100M/Full.

If the Cisco is left to auto negotiate, it ends up as 100/Half, as I would
expect. If I set the Cisco the 100/Full, the port goes down, and won't come
up.

If the Extreme is set to auto, the port comes up fine.

We've tried plugging a different device in instead of the Extreme, and the port
comes straight up as 100/Full.

I've tried fiddling with clock and flowcontrol settings, and these make no
difference.

Any ideas? The Service Provider (the extreme end) has a policy of not leaving
ports to autonegotiate, so I really need to sort this out...

Thanks,

Simon