[c-nsp] Policy based routing and redndancy

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.sz
Mon Aug 8 03:13:10 EDT 2005

On Sunday 07 August 2005 21:02, Ashe Canvar wrote:

> Things are further complicated by the fact that other
> routers in my AS point to this final router as their
> next hop (which PBR's it to the ISP). I would not even
> like to get the traffic to the 6509 if its next hop
> has failed but PBR it out of some prior router. I am
> sure there is some mix of PBR and a routing protocol
> that can accomplish this.

Have you tried defining multiple next hops in your
route-map statement to solve this basically? As in:

route-map NEXT-HOP permit 10
 match ip address 10
 set ip default next-hop 1.1.1.1 2.2.2.2 3.3.3.3
!
route-map NEXT-HOP permit 20
!

Of course, accepting full BGP feeds from your upstreams
would help local traffic in choosing the best route
outside (if you also used the LOCAL_PREF BGP attribute,
it would help), but it appears you want specific local
subnets to exit via specific external circuits.

Mark.